Friday, February 26, 2010

DIY Placemat Purse : Little Birdie Secrets

I came across this incredible DIY project at One Pretty Thing and am totally going to make this placemat purse! The post was originally created by Little Birdie Secrets and has great step-by-step instructions. What a super gift for all the girls in your life and I think it would appeal to all age groups.


One of the issues that kept popping up in the comments was where to find cute placemats so I did a little hunting and found these. What tends to happen to me is that I see a project and want exactly what is pictured; you get an idea stuck in your head and it's hard to think outside the box sometimes. I hope this brings you some inspiration. Besides the ones below, don't forget to check out your local TJ Maxx and Tuesday Morning. I love both of these stores for their prices and the excitement of the hunt!

This one was actually found at the sister site, CB2.

Horchow : absolutely stunning products with prices that match. Well worth the price though!

Overstock.com : on the other end of the spectrum but grab them while you can.


For Little Girls

I hope this inspires you and remember, if you are having trouble envisioning what it will look like as a purse, fold the placemat in half. With some of the larger graphic patterns, you'll be amazed how they take on a different look when folded and turned on it's side.

Thanks Little Birdie Secrets for posting such cute and easy projects! Leave a comment here and share your pics of your own placemat purse.


2 comments:

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Wow! I love how you linked to so many great options! It is hard to find cute placemats out there. Thanks for sharing.

Pink Purse Creative said...

Thanks Little Birdie Secrets! I hope it helps inspire some of your readers to tackle this project. I picked up two sets of purse handles today to get started on mine.

Post a Comment